Round two of F1 2015 news was probably more valuable than the first, with lots of independent previous from individuals who had hands on experience with the game at a recent Bandai Namco event in Las Vegas. Reports are almost entirely positive, though there hasn’t yet been much information about what PRL really care about; the online experience. Hopefully that will come in the next round of news. With a June 12th release date, we’re less than two months away from finding out if F1 2015 is indeed the evolution in the series we were hoping for!
In no particular order, here are some of the more valuable pieces of news gleaned since the press embargo was lifted:
- Online practice sessions added
- Multiple reports that gamepads are no longer faster than steering wheels
- Much improved handling/physics/feedback, and Team VVV have even stated it leans toward a simulation more than an arcade racer
- Online races are still limited to 16 human players (really? You couldn’t add 4 more cars?)
- Full practice sessions are back in career mode
- New manual starting procedure where it’s possible to jump start
- Pro mode includes full practice sessions, no assists, cockpit view, and no HUD elements
- Manor won’t be in the 2015 content at launch but will be added soon afterward as DLC
- The damage model has been reworked and can now be set to super sensitive
- Pit stops are still automatic
- Bianchi will be in the 2014 content if Manor and his family approve
- June 12th release date (moogleslam: possibly 9th or 16th in North America which traditionally has a Tuesday release?)
- Updates throughout the year to match real world performance
- PS4 will be 1080p and 60fps
- Xbox ONE will be 900p and 60fps
- Races are commentated by David Croft & Anthony Davidson (presumably, this can be turned off)
- Improvements in AI including being faster through turn 1, and generally more competitive and unpredictable
- Online “Hopper system” (possible bad translation), where you can search for a specific online race, and if there isn’t one, you can go do something else in the game, and be notified when there’s a match available
More screenshots after the jump!
Read more 1 comment
Couple of small pieces of news today as Codemasters Community Manager, @justbiglee announced that the press embargo for F1 2015 will be lifted in 4 hours time, at the times listed in the title. He promises previews, new screenshots, interviews, hands on impressions, and box art! Check back tomorrow when we’ll post a roundup and our impressions of all the latest news (no, they didn’t give us our own copy to preview! )
Meanwhile, in news that mostly went under the radar, and thanks to the PC release of GTA V yesterday, some seem to think we have confirmation of an imminent DiRT4 announcement. AMD’s GTA V driver release notes, in addition to the GTA V fixes, also mention DiRT4 under the sections for both Crossfire Profiles and Known Issues. PRL will be keeping a close eye on this, as we’ve run DiRT3 championships in the past, and will certainly be doing so again once DiRT4 is released. In fact, in a string of recent events that indicated Codemasters might be turning over a new leaf, they recently made DiRT3 available with Steamworks support, and even more surprisingly, gave away all DLC for free for previous DiRT3 owners! In light of this, I fired up the game again, and was reminded what unimaginable amounts of fun it is!
Read more 0 comments
Danielle Tomisich, aka astroturf, has been awarded the 2015 Q1 Organizer of the Quarter Award!
Dani has been a PRL member since November 2013, and has done a great job organizing the Pacific PS3 Championship (PPSC) for the past two seasons.
I’ve been known to half-jokingly say that Dani has the toughest job on PRL, as those Pacific drivers can be quite “passionate” about their racing which leads to quite a few heated moments to manage!
The F1 2014 PPSC season wrapped up a couple of weeks ago, and Dani has indicated she won’t be organizing next season, but hopefully she’ll be back some day! Let’s see if her successor can replicate her success
Congratulations Dani, and a massive thank you from PRL management!
Read more 2 comments
The iRBC held a pre-season race last night at Laguna Seca, and the hugely successful event was won by Max Oehlertz (ShadowGear238) with PJ Gaudie (moogleslam) & Spencer Meadows (Milkromeda) taking the other podium positions.
With pre-season wrapped up, and with the first official race just one week away, we are announcing the entire season schedule!
As you can see, there are 9 races in all, with 6 of them being road races, and 3 being ovals. The races in black are night races.
If last night is anything to go by, this is going to be an incredibly fun season, and it’s never too late to join. Sign up here!
Remember that right now, you can buy one month of iRacing for $12 and get two months for free! That is enough for the entire iRBC season!
Read more 0 comments
Taking the fight to Mercedes in Malaysia, and winning the battle, an emotional Sebastian Vettel has hailed a "special" first win with Ferrari.
Vettel stunned Mercedes, and the form books, when he claimed a sensational maiden victory for Ferrari at the Sepang circuit on Sunday.
The German took the chequered flag a comfortable eight seconds ahead of Lewis Hamilton having traded positions with the reigning Champion throughout the afternoon.
Click here to see the full article.
Read more 0 comments